Student Leadership (Learning for Life Programme)
Direct School Admission (DSA) 2020
Learning for Life Programme (Community & Youth Leadership)
At Beatty Secondary School, we nurture Beattyians into Thinkers, Learners and Contributors. Being awarded the Learning for Life Programme (LLP) status for ‘Community & Youth Leadership’ in 2015, we invite committed students holding leadership positions, and who display good character to participate in our DSA exercise.
Beatty’s Leaders for Life Programme (BLLP)
Beatty’s Leaders for Life Programme (BLLP) aims to instill in every Beattyian leadership qualities through a structured leadership framework and exposing him/her to a myriad of developmental opportunities such as in-house training, outdoor adventure and external training as well as mentoring by staff. Through an extensive leadership development programme, students hone character traits like resilience, teamwork and a greater sense of global awareness, and local rootedness. The National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) is an integral part of our leadership development.
Students will learn and put into practice their leadership competencies according to the Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Challenge model. They will hone their development in the different leadership practices through training, mentoring and assessment by teachers and through exposure given in class, CCAs, school and beyond to assume leadership roles. Students are progressively trained to fulfil their leadership roles and responsibilities. They are empowered to champion community projects, run student-initiated activities and engage in decision making with teachers as mentors.
The social and emotional learning leadership competencies, traits as well as values and disposition students develop through BLLP will enable them to be more skillful at navigating through life’s challenges in the 21st century.
Low Cheng Lum Scholarship
Students with PSLE T-score of 235 and above will be awarded the Low Cheng Lum Scholarship with a total value of $2500 based on the following terms and conditions:
- Cash Award of $1000 in Secondary 1, for students with PSLE T-score of 235
- Cash Award of $500 in Secondary 2-4, subject to good performance and conduct in the preceding year
- Interested applicants need to fulfil the selection criteria:
Selection Criteria, Click HERE.
- For applicants studying in mainstream primary schools, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 12 May 2020, 9am to 5 Jun 2020, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website at www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
- For applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools, they need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. You can refer to MOE website at: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- Shortlisted applicants are encouraged to scan and email to email@example.com
- Records of special highlights of leadership positions held – e.g. involvement in external community projects, involvement in school events etc. in Primary School (if applicable)
- non-school based accolades, awards, certificates or other supporting documents of their leadership involvement
- Application Timeline
|12 May 2020||Application opens at 9.00am|
|5 June 2020||Application closes at 3.00pm
(Incomplete applications will not be considered)
|1 July – 14 September 2020||School-based interview for shortlisted applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone and/or email on the date, time and venue of interview.|
|By 14 September 2020||All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (Confirmed Offer/ Wait List / Unsuccessful)|
|Late October 2020||Submission of School Preference Form through DSA-Sec Portal|
|Late November 2020||Result Release|
- Interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants between 1 July and 14 September 2020 through e-mode e.g. video-conference via Zoom.
- All shortlisted applicants will be notified via post on the outcome by 14 September 2020.
- For further enquires, you may contact the General Office at 6256 9108 or Ms Estella Chin (Covering SH/Student Leadership) at 6256 9108 ext 137. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.