Beatty Canoeing Team
The Beatty Canoeing Team believes that our CCA is an authentic platform for learning to take place. The Beatty Canoe Programme develops our students’ technical skills, soft skills and values; all of which are honed through providing opportunities for character and leadership development and a safe learning environment where consequences of mistakes or failures are wisely managed by teachers. Our Canoe Team creates a student-centered experience that is enjoyable, meaningful and experiential.
Download the following Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) to find out more details about Beatty Canoeing.
BEATTY SECONDARY SCHOOL
Canoe Achievements 2020
|1||Singapore Canoe Marathon
19 Jan 2020
|Male U14 12km JK1 – Lim Zheng Kai (5th)
Male U14 12km JK2 – Dyllan Sim & Gerrell Alexander Chan Rui Bin (5th)
Female U14 12km JK2 – Jamie Song Jia Jue & Freya Yan Xin Swallow (2nd)
Female U14 12km K2 – Jovinna Chow Zhi Xuan & Tee Wei Wen (4th)
BEATTY SECONDARY SCHOOL
Canoe Achievements 2019
|1||Singapore Canoe Marathon||Bronze Medal U14 Men 12km JK2 – Muhammad Aqil Azka Bin Muhammad Nasir, Foo Shi En Nathanael|
|2||National Schools Canoe Championship 2019||C Girls 500m – Serene Ann Bravin, Adryna Nabilah Binte Ahmad Husaini (4th)|
Low Cheng Lum Scholarship
Students with PSLE T-score of 235 and above will be awarded the Low Cheng Lum Scholarship with a total value of $2500 based on the following terms and conditions:
- Cash Award of $1000 in Secondary 1, for students with PSLE T-score of 235
- Cash Award of $500 in Secondary 2-4, subject to good performance and conduct in the preceding year
- Interested applicants need to fulfil the selection criteria:
Selection Criteria, Click HERE.
- For applicants studying in mainstream primary schools, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 12 May 2020, 9am to 5 Jun 2020, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website at www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
- For applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools, they need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. You can refer to MOE website at: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- Shortlisted applicants are encouraged to scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org any non-school based accolades, awards, certificates or other supporting documents for their involvement in competitions listed under the segment on pre-requisites.
- Application Timeline
|12 May 2020||Application opens at 9.00am|
|5 June 2020||Application closes at 3.00pm
(Incomplete applications will not be considered)
|1 July – 14 September 2020||School-based interview for shortlisted applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone and/or email on the date, time and venue of interview.|
|By 14 September 2020||All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (Confirmed Offer/ Wait List / Unsuccessful)|
|Late October 2020||Submission of School Preference Form through DSA-Sec Portal|
|Late November 2020||Result Release|
- Selection trials and interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants between 1 July and 14 September through e-mode e.g. video-conference via Zoom. More details on the selection trials and interviews will be furnished nearer the dates.
- All shortlisted applicants will be notified via post on the outcome by 14 September 2020.
- For further enquires, you may contact the General Office at 6256 9108 or Ms Tng Ee Hwei (HOD/PE & CCA) at 6256 9108 ext 121. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.