At Beatty Secondary School, we nurture Beattyians who are Thinkers, Learners and Contributors. We invite talented students who possess relevant Wushu competencies and display exemplary conduct to participate in our DSA exercise.
Beatty Wushu Team
Beatty Wushu team’s focus is on character building and skills development of our students. Over the years, we are proud to produce many outstanding students who have performed well in National Wushu competitions.
Outstanding Beattyians in the 13th National Inter-School Wushu Championships 2018
|Names of participants||Events||Placing|
|Caden Goh Ding En||1st International 32 Style Taijiquan||3rd|
|Caden Goh Ding En||Formulated 32-Style Taiji Sword||4th|
|Ang Kai Yi, Erlene||1st International 42 Style Taijiquan||5th|
|Brandon Wong Jyn Kid||1st International 42 Style Taiji Sword||5th|
|Chew Dai Quan Jovan||1st International Cudgel||5th|
|Nicole Lim Qi En||2nd International Cudgel||6th|
|Sherice Ng||Formulated 24-Style Taijiquan||6th|
|Airianne Lim Ein Xiang||1st International Nan Dao||7th|
|Brandon Wong Jyn Kid||1st International 42 Style Taijiquan||7th|
|Chew Dai Quan Jovan||1st International Changquan||7th|
|Chew Dai Quan Jovan||1st International Broadsword||7th|
|Lim Yong Cheong||1st International 42 Style Taiji Sword||7th|
|Richard Hioe||1st International Nan Gun||7th|
|Lee Yong Cheong||1st International 42 Style Taijiquan||8th|
|Ang Kai Yi Erlene||1st International 42 Style Taiji Sword||8th|
|B Boys||Group Weapon||5th|
|C Boys||Group Weapon||5th|
|C Girls||Group Quanshu||6th|
Low Cheng Lum Scholarship
Students with PSLE T-score of 235 and above will be awarded the Low Cheng Lum Scholarship with a total value of $2500 based on the following terms and conditions:
- Cash Award of $1000 in Secondary 1, for students with PSLE T-score of 235
- Cash Award of $500 in Secondary 2-4, subject to good performance and conduct in the preceding year
- Interested applicants need to fulfil the selection criteria:
- Selection Criteria, Click here.
- For applicants studying in mainstream primary schools, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website at:
- For applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools, obtain a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) at MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm, before applying through the DSA-Sec Portal. Refer to MOE website at:
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- Shortlisted applicants are encouraged to bring along any non-school based accolades, awards, certificates or other supporting documents for their involvement in competitions listed under the segment on pre-requisites.
- Application Timeline
|8 May 2019||
Application opens at 9.00am
|4 June 2019||
Application closes at 3.00pm
(Incomplete applications will not be considered)
|1 July – 30 July 2019||
School-based interview for shortlisted applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone and/or email on the date, time and venue of interview.
|By 30 August 2019||
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (Confirmed Offer / Waiting List / Unsuccessful)
|By End-October 2019||
Submission of School Preference Form.
a) For applicants studying in MOE schools, receive form from primary schools and submit at primary schools or via MOE online system.
b) For applicants NOT studying in MOE schools, collect form from MOE CSC and submit via MOE online system.
|By End-November 2019||
- Selection trials and interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants between 1 July and 30 July 2019 at Beatty Secondary School. More details on the selection trials and interviews will be furnished near the dates.
- All shortlisted applicants will be notified via post on the outcome by 30 August 2019.
- Shortlisted International Students are required to take the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test.
- For further enquires, you may contact the General Office at 6256 9108 or Mdm Toh Pei Ling (SH/Student Innovation) at 6256 9108 ext 204. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.