Learning for Life Programme (LLP)
At Beatty Secondary School, we nurture Beattyians into Thinkers, Learners and Contributors. Being awarded the Learning for Life Programme (LLP) status for Student Leadership in 2015, we invite committed students holding leadership positions, and who display good character to participate in our DSA exercise.
Beatty’s Leaders for Life Programme (BLLP)
Students in Beatty’s Leaders for Life Programme (BLLP) are brought to a higher level in citizenship and leadership development. Students hone character traits like resilience, teamwork and a greater sense of global awareness, and local rootedness. These traits are achieved through outdoor adventure camps, the Values-In-Action (VIA) programmes (local and overseas) and through an extensive leadership development programme.
Students will learn and put into practice their leadership competencies according to the Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Challenge model. They will hone their development in the different leadership practices through training, mentoring and assessment by teachers and through exposure given in class, CCAs, school and beyond to assume leadership roles.
The social and emotional learning leadership competencies, traits as well as values and disposition students develop through BLLP will enable them to be more skillful at navigating through life’s challenges in the 21st century.
Low Cheng Lum Scholarship
Students with a PSLE T-score of 235 and above will qualify for the Low Cheng Lum Scholarship with a total value of $2500 based on the following terms and conditions:
- Cash Award of $1000 in Secondary 1 for students with PSLE T-score of 235
- Cash Award of $500 in Secondary 2-4 subject to continuing good performance in the preceding year.
- Interested applicants need to fulfil the selection criteria:
- Selection Criteria, click here.
- For applicants studying in mainstream primary schools, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website at:
- For applicants NOT studying in MOE mainstream primary schools, obtain a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) at MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) from 8 May 2019, 9am to 4 Jun 2019, 3pm, before applying through the DSA-Sec Portal. Refer to MOE website at:
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- The following documents are to be submitted when the applicants participate in the selection trial and interview:
- Records of special highlights of leadership positions held – e.g. involvement in external community projects, involvement in school events etc. in Primary School (if applicable)
- Application Timeline
|8 May 2019||
Application opens at 9.00am
|4 June 2019||
Application closes at 3.00pm
(Incomplete applications will not be considered)
|1 July – 30 July 2019||
School-based interview for shortlisted applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone and/or email on the date, time and venue of interview.
|By 30 August 2019||
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (Confirmed Offer / Waiting List / Unsuccessful)
|By End-October 2019||
Submission of School Preference Form.
a) For applicants studying in MOE schools, receive form from primary schools and submit at primary schools or via MOE online system.
b) For applicants NOT studying in MOE schools, collect form from MOE CSC and submit via MOE online system.
|By End-November 2019||
- Interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants between 1 July and 30 July at Beatty Secondary School.
- All shortlisted applicants will be notified via post on the outcome by 30 August 2019.
- Shortlisted International Students are required to take the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test.
- For further enquires, you may contact the General Office at 6256 9108 or Mr Peter Lee (SH/Student Leadership) at 6256 9108 ext 210. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.