Students who are interested in applying for admission to Beatty Secondary School under the Direct School Admission Exercise (DSA Canoeing) must fulfil the following criteria:
- preferably have background in water sports - participated in water sports (For example. Swimming, Water Polo and Sailing) at National School Games (Primary Level), attained Swimsafer Certifications OR any relevant experience
- pass the primary school’s NAPFA Test at P4 and P6
- attain at least a ‘Good’ Conduct Grade at P5 and P6
Preparation for applicants participating in the selection trials
Kayaking Session Criteria:
Applicants with water sports background are required to attend a kayaking session held at MacRitchie Reservoir.
Applicants are to be in dri-fit top, swimming tights or shorts and sandals.
Applicants will be assessed based on two components:
- Kayaking Aptitude Test
Applicants will be assessed on these aspects:
- Swim 50m (Personal Flotation Device will be provided)
- Ability to manoeuvre and coordinate paddle and boat
- Run 400m
- of push-ups in 1 minute