Beatty Secondary School
LLP DSA 2018
Direct School Admission (DSA) 2018 for Learning for Life Programme (Student Leadership)
Student Leaders: We Are One Student Leaders in CCA
Student Leaders in Values-In Action Activity
At Beatty Secondary School, we nurture Beattyians into Thinkers, Learners and Contributors. Being awarded the Learning for Life Programme (LLP) status for Student Leadership in 2015, we invite committed students holding leadership positions, and who display good character to participate in our DSA exercise.
Beatty’s Leaders for Life Programme (BLLP)
Students in Beatty’s Leaders for Life Programme (BLLP) are brought to a higher level in citizenship and leadership development. Students hone character traits like resilience, teamwork and a greater sense of global awareness, and local rootedness. These competencies are achieved through outdoor adventure camps, the Values-In-Action (VIA) programmes (local and overseas) and through an extensive leadership development programme.
Students will learn and put into practice their leadership competencies according to the Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Challenge model. They will hone their development in the different leadership practices through training, mentoring and assessment by teachers and through exposure given in class, CCAs, school and beyond to assume leadership roles.
The social and emotional learning (SEL) leadership competencies, traits as well as values and disposition students develop through Beatty’s Leaders for Life programme will enable them to be more skillful at navigating through life’s challenges in the 21st century.
Low Cheng Lum Scholarship
Students with PSLE T-score of 235 and above will be awarded the Low Cheng Lum Scholarship with a total value of $2500 based on the following terms and conditions:
• Cash Award of $1000 in Secondary 1, for students with PSLE T-score of 235
• Cash Award of $500 in Secondary 2-4, subject to good performance and conduct in the preceding year
1. Interested applicants need to fulfil the selection criteria:
• Selection Criteria, Click HERE.
2. Application form is available at the school’s General Office. You may also obtain a copy here:
3. The application form and relevant supporting documents are to be submitted by 29 June 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
The application form and relevant documents have to be submitted by post or hand-delivered to:
DSA Application 2018
SH / Student Leadership
Beatty Secondary School
1 Toa Payoh North
4. Applicants are encouraged to bring along any project portfolios, journals, accolades, awards, certificates or any other supporting documents for their involvement in projects listed under the segment on pre-requisites.
5. Application Timeline
|7 May 2018, by 9 am||Application opens|
|29 June 2018|
Application closes at 5.00pm
(Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered)
|2 July – 31 Aug 2018||School-based interview for shortlisted applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone and/or email on the date, time and venue of interview.|
|By 31 August 2018||All applicants will be informed of the results of their application (Successful / Waiting List / Rejected)|
|29 October 2018||School Preference form issued by Primary Schools|
|Late November 2018||Release of results|
6. Interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants on 27 July 2018 (Friday), 3pm at Beatty Secondary School.
7. All shortlisted applicants will be notified via post on the outcome by 31 August 2018.
8. For Foreign Students / Students not studying in MOE schools:
Students currently not studying in MOE schools will need a letter issued by MOE HQ before they are issued a DSA Application form. The letter will contain a Registration Number, unique to the students which will help identify the candidate in our system. A photocopy of the letter with the registration number is to be provided to our school. Please note that Singaporeans (citizens and permanent residents) who are currently not studying in MOE schools (e.g. studying overseas) are also required to have this letter. The letter can be obtained from MOE HQ Customer Service Centre, located in 1 North Buona Vista Drive, Podium Block MOE Building, Singapore 138675.
9. For further enquires, you may contact the General Office at 6256 9108 or Mr Peter Lee (SH/Student Leadership) at 6256 9108 ext 210. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.