Beatty Secondary School
Malay Dance (Aswari)
Beatty Secondary School’s Malay Dance group has been around for more than twenty years, specialising in mainly traditional Malay dances such as the Asli, Inang, Joget and Zapin. One of the objectives of this CCA is to instil confidence in our dancers while performing and showcasing their talent besides the values of commitment and perseverance. Various platforms were given to the dancers to showcase their capabilities and strengths in the performing arts such as performing for both school and external events.
In order to inculcate a sense of belonging and ownership amongst the dancers, we decided to give Malay Dance CCA a name and called it Aswari, a short form for Anak Seni Warisan Tari (Child of the Malay Dance Legacy). Even though our vibrant group of dancers comprises of students from different races and cultural backgrounds, we have the same interest and passion in keeping traditional Malay dance alive.
|Mdm Noryati (IC)||firstname.lastname@example.org||62569108 Ext 157|
|Mdm Suhaila (2IC)||email@example.com||62569108 Ext 159|
|Ms Nur Rabi’firstname.lastname@example.org||62569108 Ext 171|
|Mrs Parthiemail@example.com||62569108 Ext 135|
Every Tuesday 3:30pm – 6:30pm
Every Thursday 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Achievements and Highlights
- Attained the Certificate of Distinction at the Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2019
- Performed for school’s CCA Open House Concert in January
- Performed for the CL Unit’s Chinese New Year Concert in February and the ML Unit’s Hari Raya Celebration Concert in May
- Performed our SYF piece for the Youth Day’s Showcase in July
- Took part in Muara Festival 2019, at The Outdoor Esplanade Theatre in October